Monday, February 1, 2010

Roger

Our family is grieving today as Steve's Uncle Roger passed away this morning. The funeral arrangements have yet to be made, but please pray for God's comfort and peace for our family during this time. Roger was Steve's Dad's youngest brother and was only 60 years old.

Steve and I were talking this morning about our memories of him.... All of them made me laugh! I didn't know him very well until our wedding. Steve wanted all four of his Dad's brother's to be ushers, but unfortunately, Dean wasn't able to make it. Anyway, when Roger was getting fitted for his tux, he asked me if he could wear his cowboy boots instead of the dress shoes and then couldn't quite figure out where the cuff links went and the bow tie. He was a good sport about everything though and took it all in stride.

On the day of the wedding, I was so nervous getting up in front of all those people and literally thought I was going to pass out from all the anxiety. As my Dad was holding my hands getting ready to walk me down, Roger told me he would drag me down that aisle if I didn't "get a move on." After laughing so hard, I was finally able to relax.

Since then, I've come to know Roger as a warm and caring person. I'll always appreciate his sense of humor, devotion to his wife Nancy, and love of the Lord and I'm comforted to know that he's laughing and having a great time in heaven.