Thursday, February 25, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Amaya is catching on to new words at a very rapid pace! Here are a few of our fun conversations this week:

I was getting our lunches ready and I accidentally spilled some of my pop on her sleeve and on the table.
Me: "Sorry Amaya."
Amaya: "No problem, Mama."

Once again, we went through some of her toys and I was organizing her play coupons and money. Unfortunately, Amaya was making a mess of the coupons and I was getting a little stressed out.
Me: "Amaya! Stop messing up the coupons!"
Amaya: "Relax, Mama."

At gymnastics, most of the coaches call the kid's bottoms their "booty." Last week at class, she overheard the coach say this word and repeated, "Shake your booty!" Today, while she was dancing, she told Steve that she was going to "Shake her booty!"

Oye... have I mentioned how much I love this age?!?