Thursday, October 1, 2009

Swim Class

Tonight was the most wonderful night and the only thing that would have made it better was if Daddy were here! After Mommy abandoned me in the church nursery for her Bible Study and then dropped me off later at Grandma and Grandpa Gustafson's so she could go to a meeting at work, and then after I took a nap, I FINALLY had Mommy all to myself!

Mommy took me to my very first swimming class! I was so excited but a little nervous too... I thought Mommy was going to drop me off again, but Mommy had her swimsuit on, so I thought maybe she might stay with me. The whole class was full of other mommies and daddies and the 14 other kids - some were even littler than I was! I wanted to jump in right away and got a little squirmy while the teacher was giving out instructions. I wasn't the only one getting squirmy. Two of my new friends from my Gym Class were there too, so I didn't feel so nervous anymore. We sang fun songs, played Ring a Round a Rosie, and played with some balls! I even learned how to float on back with Mommy's help. Some of the other kids didn't like that part, but I really liked it! Mommy didn't want to get her hair wet, but the teacher told us to splash really hard and since I'm learning how to obey, I splashed a lot and I got Mommy's hair REALLY, REALLY wet (and another mommy)! That was pretty funny! I can't wait to go back next week!

When we got home from swim class, Mommy gave me a bath to get all the yucky chlorine off my skin. I tried practicing some of my new skills, but I got too much water on the floor so Mommy cut my bath short. Then we made some popcorn and watched a special Elmo video all about pets! I really want a dog or a cat, but Mommy's allergic and I'd rather have Mommy than have a dog or cat. After the video, Mommy read me LOTS of books. I usually only get to read 3-4, but I got to pick out 10 books to read! WOW! Then Mommy sang all my favorite songs - I really like "This Little Light of Mine" because I pretend to blow out a candle. "Don't let Satan (blow) it out! I love that part! I missed Daddy a lot tonight, because after Mommy gets done singing, I yell "Daddy!" really, really loud and he does crazy dances into my room and tucks me in. Mommy tried to do the same thing that Daddy does, but she's just not as funny as Daddy. I guess that's why God gave me both a Mommy and a Daddy. Now if only Daddy would have been here it would have been perfect. Hurry home Daddy, I miss you!

Amaya