Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Joshua!

Today is my oldest nephew, Joshua's birthday! Happy 12th Birthday! I remember the day he was born very well... I was a sophomore in college and my mom called me that morning and said Carol was going into labor. I called my the professors from my two classes that day and asked if I would be missing much if I stayed at the dorm to wait for my sister's call. They gave me the go ahead and I camped out ALL DAY waiting for the phone to ring. And of course, every time it rang, I'd get so excited and it would be one of my friends asking if the baby was here yet. The agony of waiting was beyond measure!! My friends brought me lunch from the cafeteria and then supper... UGH! When was my precious little niece or nephew going to get here?!? After pacing the halls, and playing a million rounds of Dutch Blitz with my friends, Dan FINALLY called later that evening. I remember him saying, "It's a baby!" A BABY WHAT?!? (Dan likes to tease me - and I try to handle it with grace, but come on Dan! Seriously... it's my first nephew!) Joshua Paul Springer was born that day 12 years ago. Unfortunately, because I was in Chicago and school had just started and they were in Nebraska, I had to wait until Thanksgiving break before I finally laid eyes on my precious little nephew with the most gorgeous red hair and cubby cheeks! It was love at first sight. We love you so much, Joshua! Have a great day!