Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center

Steve and I recently joined the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center (DAHLC) - aka Mayo's athletic club. I've wanted to join an athletic club for awhile, but figured it wouldn't be worth it to try to find a babysitter, try to figure out when to go around our busy schedule, etc. Steve checked into the DAHLC, and found that they had childcare available on site for up to two hours! We will have to do some creative scheduling when Steve goes back to school so we can go together, but it should work out. And, he found out that the more we go, the cheaper it is! PERFECT!

Yesterday, we took a Cable class. It's a combination of aerobics and strength training with weights. I was anticipating a good work-out, but I didn't expect to be sore the next day! Tonight, we going to take an Introducing to Studio Cycling (otherwise known as spinning). I'm not sure what to expect from tonight's class. I'm hoping we're a little more prepared for this one since we've been biking quite a bit this summer.

What shocked both of us was how much Amaya LOVES the nursery! When we pick her up, she is literally kicking and screaming when we have to go. This is quite a change from last year when I'd drop her off in the church nursery and get paged several times! This will make it really easy to go work out and will give us one less excuse to use.