Sunday, April 17, 2011

6th Wedding Anniversary

Six years ago yesterday morning, I woke up a Gustafson and went to bed a Gatzke. How did those six years fly by so quickly?!? Looking back, it's hard to imagine life without Steve... and I'm so thankful for every day that God has given me with him by my side.

We spent the entire day celebrating our six years of marriage. After sleeping in (anything past 5:30am is considered sleeping in for us), the three of us went to three church/fundraising garage sales. We hit the two church sales during the "Bag Sale" (one dollar for everything you can fit in a bag) and we came home with a lot of loot! All three of us enjoying digging around for treasures and you just never know what you can find! We picked up a quick bite to eat at McDonald's and then dropped Amaya off at my parents for the rest of the day/evening. (THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!) We caught a matinee at a local movie theater called, "The Lincoln Lawyer" with Matthew McConaughey and both enjoyed it! The movie is based on a best selling novel and since we liked the movie so much, we went to a used paperback store to see if we could pick up the book and they had it! Steve also found a few Stuart Woods books to add to his collection. Then we went to Kohl's to use a 10 dollar gift card that Steve's mom got in the mail and gave to me (THANK YOU RUTH ANN!) and I picked up a cute ring originally 22 dollars and paid only $3.92. Who doesn't love a good bargain?!? By this time, we were getting hungry and decided to go to Whiskey Creek. I love their barbecued ribs and even better, I had a coupon for 5 dollars off! We shared an appetizer of bacon wrapped shrimp - so yummy! Steve ordered a bacon wrapped fillet mignon with mushrooms in a chardonnay sauce with grilled vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes. I had their signature barbecued baby back ribs, coleslaw, and garlic mashed potatoes. We left very satisfied and very full and decided to burn off a few calories by walking out at the mall. We picked up Amaya from my parents and after her busy day and refusing to take a nap, she CRASHED as soon as she was tucked into bed. Overall, a fantastic date night!