Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Special Mom...

Since becoming a mom... I have a newfound appreciation for my mom. I think of her spending tireless nights of walking around trying to soothe me as a cranky baby... rejoicing with my first steps... comforting me with each owie I got... watching me with backpack in tow as I headed off to kindergarten... anxiously awaiting my arrival home from school... giving hugs when I felt left out, discouraged, or sad... calming my fears... giving advice... encouraging me... loving me... supporting me... praying for me... and even when I fast forward through my junior high, high-school, college years, and young adulthood my mom has always been there for me every step of the way... She still has long nights thinking, worrying, and praying about me... still rejoices with me... still comforts me... still watches me... still anxiously awaits for my arrival... still gives hugs... still calms my fears... still gives advice... still encourages me... still loves me... still supports me... still prays for me.

What I appreciate most about my mom is her generosity. She's generous with her love, generous with her time, and generous with her talents. She's always willing to take care of Amaya, always willing to bring us a meal (she's an awesome cook too!), and she's always willing to do whatever we need and sometimes before we even realize that we need it! I love watching her play with Amaya... it gives me a glimpse of how my mom cared and played with me when I was little. Amaya absolutely adores my mom and I'm so thankful that Amaya gets to spend so much time with her! And I'm thankful for all the life lessons my mom has shared with me and values she's instilled in my life. Mom - you are amazing and I'm blessed to be your daughter!