Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mother's Day

I finally have an opportunity to catch up!

We had everyone (my parents, Mike, Arwen, and the kids, Steve's parents and grandparents) over to our house for Mother's Day again this year. The weather was sunny, but certainly not warm enough to eat outside. Steve and Mike grilled hamburgers, and we had hot dogs, potato chips, baked beans, Watergate Salad, fruit salad, veggies, and Dirt Dessert. I love having everyone together - now all we're missing is the Springer and Wiggins families!

Since becoming a mother, I've come to appreciate those women in my life that are mothers so much more. I worry about Amaya all the time! Is she getting enough fruits and veggies? Is she developing normally? Will she be smart, funny, kind, compassionate, etc.? Will she love the Lord? Will she marry a godly man? I can only imagine what my own mother worried about! Being a mother has been the MOST difficult job ever - it makes nursing school seem like a breeze! But on the other hand, it's been the most rewarding, fulfilling, and most natural job in the world.

I couldn't decide which pictures to post, so I'm posting most of them.

Grandma Gustafson, Ben, and Annika.

Lydia, Miles, Grandpa Gustafson, and Amaya. Who doesn't love sitting on Grandpa's lap to read stories?

One of my favorite pictures of Steve's Grandma and his mom.

Amaya, me, and my mom (color-coordinated and all!)

Great-Grandma Struckmann, Amaya, me, Miles, Grandma Gustafson, and Grandma Horning.

Grandma Horning and Amaya.