Friday, May 1, 2009

Amaya's Weight Gain!!

Yesterday was Amaya's 15 month doctor's appointment! We are very pleased to report that she has moved out of the 5th percentile in weight to the 12th percentile! Whoo hoo! She's now weighing in at 20.2lbs and is 30 1/2 inches long (the 44th percentile). We've noticed that her 12-18 month clothes are getting shorter in the arms and legs, but they're still baggy around her waist. A couple days ago, she kept taking off her pants because they were too loose in the waist. Amaya's shots went well - and I did okay too! Steve is usually able to come to her appointments with me to be the official restraint holder for Amaya, but I thought I could handle this on my own. No tears on my end and just a few from Amaya. She showed off all her "tricks" for the doctor and the nurse and was pretty excited to run down the hallways. We don't have to go to the doctor again until she turns two. It seems like that's an awfully long time away, but I'm sure it will go by fast.