Friday, November 30, 2012

Still Pregnant

On Wednesday, I hit the critical 32 week mark which is a HUGE sigh of relief and answer to prayer! My blood pressure behaved itself during my appointment... 122/74 - 141/80... so we know the blood pressure medication is working. Weston is doing great - it took the nurse about an hour during the non stress test to get enough accelerations of his heartbeat, but Dr. Harms reassured us that he's looking good. My fluid levels look good and Weston is head down already, so we didn't get to see his little face. And I'm not spilling any protein in my urine so everything (for now) is going great...

I asked if my blood pressure remained stable if he would consider letting me go back to work... I got a big old NEGATIVE on that one. I guess last week scared him enough that he just wants me to continue on bed rest and be a couch potato. I've been on bed rest for 3 weeks already - I can certainly handle 5 more, right?!?

Dr. Harms still wants me coming in twice a week for the non stress test, ultrasounds, and urine collections despite being on a blood pressure medication. He doesn't want the medication to mask any other symptoms, so he wants to keep close tabs on the two of us. I was hoping to go down to once a week visits only because the appointments are between 2-3 hours depending on how Weston behaves and I get pretty tired... But, if this is what it takes to keep him growing and developing than we're all for it!