Thursday, February 23, 2012

Amaya has Jesus in her Heart!!!

Yesterday was a normal run of the mill day... early morning staff meeting... take Amaya to preschool... pick her up... mac and cheese for lunch... and then Amaya says very matter of factly, "I think I want Jesus in my heart now." I wasn't quite sure what to say... We've fielded a lot of questions about why it's important to pray, read the Bible, learn about God, memorize Scripture, what heaven is like... so I shouldn't have been all that surprised... yet still... I was surprised. I wanted to share this moment with Steve, so I told her we would pray with her at bedtime. Steve had her repeat a short little prayer and she asked Jesus to come into her heart. It was very sweet and tender... Makes me realize how important those little conversations about God really are! The angels are rejoicing in heaven for this sweet little girl!