Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone! Do you make New Year's resolutions? Do you see it through to the end? I usually have a few New Year's resolutions, but by February I've either forgotten about them or given up. Last year, I decided to finally read through the Bible in a year. My cousin has read through the Bible every year for the past five years or so and inspired me to do the same. I'd like to say that I read several chapters every single day... but I got behind... several times... I remember riding along the coast of Lake Michigan on vacation reading through the book of Job because I had gotten so far behind. But... I finished the entire Bible... a day early! (I had two chapters left of Revelation to complete on the 31st, but I couldn't really stop with only two chapters left, now could I?)

This year's resolution - read through the Bible again - this time chronologically and with a commentary in hand. I admit, I breezed through some of the more difficult books of the Bible... and as my dad would say, "It's all about the journey." So, I'm not in such a rush this year to read through it.. I'll enjoy this journey more this time around.

My other resolution is to "find - save - earn" 12,000 dollars more this year. Since completing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University... we have a plan/budget... but I need a little bit more motivation to maintain "gazelle intensity" especially when we are at a tortoise pace with student loans. I've looked online and I can't really find any blog for support and encouragement during the hardest Dave Ramsey Baby Step... that may be another blog in my future... but anyway... 12,000 extra dollars in 2012... can we do it?