Saturday, March 12, 2011

North Park Gospel Choir Concert

Last night, we had the opportunity to attend the North Park University Gospel Choir and Jazz Ensemble at my parent's church. I was in the Gospel Choir while I attended school at NPU, so I was very excited to see how it had changed and grown. I was a little disappointed that my old choir director wasn't there, but I shouldn't have been surprised since it's been nearly 11 years!

Amaya enjoyed the Jazz Ensemble and "rocked out" quite a bit! Most likely, she's got the music gene in her blood! We were impressed by the enthusiasm of all of those involved and the skill level of those young college students. During the concert, I felt like I was back in the soprano section those 11 years ago worshiping and praising God. Being a part of the Gospel Choir was one of my favorite things about North Park and I was so blessed by the concert last night!