Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthday Musings

Happy Birthday to ME! I've had a great start to the day so far.... woke up at 5:30am and headed off to my Cycle (spinning) class! I've absolutely come to love every woman in the class for their openness, vulnerability and support they've given me these past 6 weeks. We sweat, we cry, we laugh - it's great!

Not sure what the day holds for us yet as everyone else is still sleeping.... Steve mentioned something about going to the Mall of America, but I'm not sure... Tonight we'll celebrate with my parents, brother and his family. Definitely looking forward to someone else's cooking tonight - especially my mom's!

This birthday is certainly different in that I really have no clue what the next year holds for me. My dear friend and Bible study leader sent me this prayer... she's had her own personal journey with cancer and is walking through the fire right now. Such encouragement from such an amazing woman! After reading her e-mail, how can I not have hope in the Lord?

"Lord, You oversee every detail of my life. You have assigned my portion and my cup. You have made my lot secure. In faith I can proclaim that You have caused my boundary lines to fall in pleasant places. Surely I have a delightful inheritance. I have set You always before me. Because You are at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Father, although the journey I am on is not always easy, I thank you for holding me in Your arms when I am afraid and feel that the circumstances are overwhelming. help me to rest and trust You. I confess, Father, that I am not good at resting in You. Like an active two-year-old, I would rather be doing something than sitting still. Father, forgive me for my restlessness and prideful nature. Help me trust You to supply all my needs for each and every day. Thank You for Your help and presence!"

I'm continuing to rest in God's promises... asking for courage... asking for strength... and the ability to trust...