Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another Julia Child?

I think we may have another Julia Child or Martha Stewart on our hands. Any time I'm cooking or baking in the kitchen, Amaya wants to climb up on the countertop and "help." On Monday, we had my parents come over for dinner - just because - no special reason, but Amaya thought it was someone's birthday since we were making a cake and had candles on the table.

The dessert we made is called, "Strawberry Yogurt Cake." Very easy, very kid friendly, and very good! If anyone wants the recipe, just shoot us an e-mail and I'd be more than happy to pass it on.

Amaya is helping me put the strawberries on.

Amaya frosting the cake. Yes, I let her frost most of it with the exception of the sides of the cake. I've given up my desire for perfection and have allowed Amaya full reign of her creativity.


The finished product!! Beautiful, don't you think?!? Amaya decorated the top with strawberries too - with just a little help from me rearranging them...

Now that her gymnastics class is over, maybe I need to sign her up for a cooking class.....