Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weaned

Sadly enough, last night I put Amaya to bed without nursing her. For the past few weeks, she's becoming increasingly more distracted while I nurse her and hasn't had much interest. I figured the day would be approaching soon enough, and we decided that we'd start the week off sans breast-milk. From what I've now experienced, weaning Amaya was harder emotionally for me than physically. And as expected, Amaya did just fine last night. She even fell asleep before her Lullaby CD got to song #3! Looking back at those first few weeks of nursing her, I remember cringing every time Steve said, "I think she's hungry." I was tired and sore and never imagined that I could stick with it, although now I'm glad I did. But realizing that our little baby isn't such a baby anymore is very bittersweet.