Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Nursery

I have officially survived putting Amaya in the nursery while at church and during my morning Bible study. Yes, I realize that she's 8 months old and should have been in the nursery a long time ago. Our church has a "cry room" that is completely sound proof that we can sit in as a family and still participate in worship. Lately though, as she's becoming more mobile and vocal, listening to the sermon with her jabbering away has become increasingly more difficult. So, last Sunday, Steve and I gathered up the courage (along with some Kleenex) and dropped her off at the nursery. Fortunately, our friends Kevin and Andi were volunteering in the nursery, so I felt a little more comfortable putting her in there. Today was the first day of Bible study, and once again, I brought her back to the nursery. This time was a lot more scary for me because she was going to be there for a little over 2 hours. She was going to potentially miss her morning nap (not a good thing, but unavoidable). I got paged twice - once because I think she was teething and they couldn't calm her down and the other time because she was trying to go #2 and was straining quite a bit. There are times when I wish she liked her pacifier - at least that way someone else could comfort her other than me or Steve. On the other hand, I'm glad that we won't have to deal with the attachment issues to the pacifier. Anyway, it actually went better than I had anticipated.

Jan