Monday, July 7, 2008

Rice Cereal, Here I Come!

With a little hesitation, we started Amaya on rice cereal last week. She hasn't shown a HUGE interest in eating, but one night during dinner, she was eye-balling our food. Occasionally, Steve or I would put some food up to her mouth and she'd open her mouth, but this was infrequent. I was hesitant to start solids, because once you start - then what? How much cereal should I give her? Will she get enough food? Will she lose interest in nursing? What if she likes solids more than nursing? What if she has a food allergy?

So, that night at supper, our adventure begins... We hadn't bought a high-chair yet, so she sat on daddy's lap for her first "meal."



Hmmm... first bite wasn't so bad, but I think she liked the spoon more than anything.



The next evening, went to Babies R Us and bought her a high-chair. She was okay with it at first, because she was able to gnaw on the straps, but after a few minutes, she wanted out. NOW!