Thursday, July 24, 2008

A few words from Amaya

Mommy never EVER lets me near the computer - so today is a rare treat! I'm desperately trying to lift up the keyboard and see what it tastes like, but it's attached to some type of cord!

So the last few days have been a little traumatic for me. I had to get a few shots in my legs at the doctor's office. Mommy says that the shots will keep me healthy, so I have to believe that they know what they're doing. That evening, I got a little bit of a fever - I really don't like the thermometer! (I don't think Mommy likes it either, because she always cringes when she has to take my temperature!) Mommy kept feeding me some grape flavored Tylenol, but I still got a fever. The good thing about not feeling well is that Mommy and Daddy spoil and pamper me! Mommy held me while I slept, I had all my favorite toys, and when I cried and whined they said really, really nice things to me and snuggled with me.

Then, the greatest thing just happened yesterday which gave me even more sympathy from Mommy and Daddy! I'M CUTTING MY FIRST TOOTH!! Yahoo! Mommy discovered it yesterday morning, but could hardly see the tooth. Mommy says that it looks like I have a cut in my gums, but that the tooth should pop out soon. She was pretty excited - she even called Daddy at work! So, I've been a little whiny, clingy, and cranky, but Mommy and Daddy still spoiled me! It was the greatest!

Back to reality... Today, I didn't have a fever, so this morning for my nap, back in the crib I go. I was kinda hoping that I could milk the pain for a few more days of extra TLC, but no such luck. I tried whining this morning, but Mommy ignored that tactic. I tried to make Mommy feel guilty by crying a little longer than normal when she put me down for a nap, but nothing is working!

I've got a plan though! Grandma and Grandpa Horning are coming over tonight to play with me while Mommy and Daddy go out on a date. (They won't tell me what a date is. Mommy says she'll tell me about it when I'm 25.) Anyway, my plan - I'm going to smile and be all cute for my grandparents and then MAYBE I'll get some extra TLC from them! Besides, who can resist my cute face?