Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another Day at Jellystone

Thursday, July 7th
Got a little chilly overnight... had to use another blanket to stay warm!

We stayed around the campground again. I took Amaya to the playground and she met her first official "camp friend." Amaya and I were playing tetherball and a little girl came over and asked Amaya if she wanted to play. Her name is Trinity and she's 6 years old. When I asked where her mom was to make sure it was okay to play she said, "I have no clue." Hmmm.... I looked around the playground and sure enough, I was the ONLY parent around! There were maybe 20 kids running around and no parents, just me! Maybe it's just me and maybe I'm just a little overprotective, but I want to know where my kid is at all times! Anyway, Trinity and Amaya played on the swings and at Yogi's house until Trinity went off with some bigger kids to play "Evil Princess". Not sure I want my sweet little girl playing "Evil Princess"....

We went swimming again... this time I went in.... and we managed to stay warm for 1 1/2 hours! Amaya had a blast playing tag and "chasing" us around the pool. After swimming, we quickly got dressed and met near the Ranger Station to go on a Wagon Ride with Yogi and Boo Boo Bear.

Ranger Kim came with Yogi and Boo Boo and had us singing a various assortment of songs. Amaya got to sit right next to Yogi, but she was a little afraid of them. After the ride around the campground, we had a chance to get a few snapshots with Yogi and Boo Boo.


As you can see... Amaya was a little hesitant.

For whatever reason, she liked Boo Boo Bear a little better than Yogi!


After the Wagon Ride, it was still a little too early for dinner, so we decided to play a round of miniature golf! I really don't care for miniature golf because I'm just not that good and I don't have the patience, but Amaya REALLY liked it!


Here's the beginning of the golf course.

Steve helping Amaya with her swing.

Amaya enjoyed the different obstacles... Yogi's picnic basket and this lighthouse!

Almost made it in!



After mini-golfing, we went back to the campsite and Steve made another amazing fire while I started dinner. We had hot dogs with mac n cheese, corn, and for dessert - smores!


A nice picture of Steve by the fire.



After dinner, enjoyed the fire a little and then got ready to go to Cindy's Cinema to watch a movie! The same little boy without a shirt and mullet wanted to sit by Amaya again, but knew that her Daddy would be sitting by her, so he chose to sit in front of her instead.

Showers then off to bed! Another great day!