Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back to the Land of the Living

Since Friday night, I've slept over 25 hours.... Amaya graciously shared her nasty cold with me and while I wasn't sick enough to stay home from work on Thursday and Friday, the cold caught up with me Friday night. I think the stress and hectic schedule from the last two weeks caught up with me and getting hit with a cold didn't help matters. I'm back to the land of the living and feeling so much better - so much better that I somehow decided that today would be a good day to clean out the fridge and freezer! And I mean clean! Everything out and shelves cleaned and reorganized! I wish I could get paid to clean and organize! Perhaps I should work for a professional cleaning agency - ha! There's a story behind that...

Each and every day that passes, Steve continues to gain strength and energy. He's managing to get around the house and able to tackle the stairs, however long walks tend to tire him out. Walking with a cane helps him get around for longer distances. There's still quite a lot of incisional pain, but managed (for the most part) with Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Steve was hoping to return to his internship on Monday, but it's best that he continues to rest and heal at home for a few more days.

Yesterday was Steve's graduation.... and while I was a little disappointed that I couldn't watch him walk across the stage to receive his diploma and cheer for all of his accomplishments, I'm thankful that he had surgery and is on the road to health. His professors gave him an extension to get his paper and defense completed by January - he'd like to get it finished before we go on vacation. He'd also like to get his internship wrapped up by the end of June. He has all the hours he needs to fulfill the graduation requirement, but he committed to working 9 months, and because he's been sick so much, he needs to make up that time. Thank you to everyone in his class for sending him a card - it was a huge encouragement to both of us! We were thinking about all of you last evening - Congratulations - you made it!