Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby Tessa

Last night, Mommy and Daddy took me to the hospital to see my friend Cooper's new baby sister, Tessa Grace. She was born on Monday at 10:30 in the morning and was 7lbs, 5oz and 20 inches long. At first, I thought that the baby was Hope. But Mommy explained that it was a different baby named Tessa. (I still think she looked a little like Hope because she had brown hair and was really cute!) Cooper's mommy let me pat her and hold her hands. I really wanted to touch her eyes, hair, mouth, and nose, but Mommy doesn't quite trust me to be gentle. Mommy says that Tessa has the most beautiful complexion (whatever that means) and soft skin. She also said that I used to have really soft skin too, but now I'm usually sticky or dirty unless just after a bath. I was sad that I didn't get to see Cooper last night, but it sounds like he was having fun with his Grandma and Grandpa. This morning when I woke up, instead of my usual, "Mama? Hannah? Hope?" I said, "Mama? Baby? Tessa?" Mommy says we can see baby Tessa when we come back from vacation. I don't know what I'm looking forward to more - vacation or seeing that cute baby again!

-Amaya